Friday, June 25, 2010
I recommend you learning all the items from the following list:
relations(one to one, many to many, junction table)
indexes(single column, composite index)
primary key, foreign key, unique key
functions(table and scalar return functions)
database diagrams for db design
Data Access Layer
Linq To Sql
Strongly Typed DataSets
Repository Pattern implementation in Linq to SQL
Business Logic Layer (Services Layer)
Server side validation
WCF business service
XHTML(div, span, fieldset, label, legend)
Page Life Cycle
Client side validation
Creating Custom config Sections
Solution and project files
reference adding by project
reference adding by dll
keyboard shortcut setting
running macros with short keys
Google a few good VS Addons install and use them
(Host your code for free at http://unfuddle.com)
Friday, June 18, 2010
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) is a framework for building service-oriented applications. Using WCF, you can send data as asynchronous messages from one service endpoint to another. A service endpoint can be part of a continuously available service hosted by IIS, or it can be a service hosted in an application. An endpoint can be a client of a service that requests data from a service endpoint. The messages can be as simple as a single character or word sent as XML, or as complex as a stream of binary data.
1. With WCF we can send calls through HTTP, TCP, MSMQ, Named Pipes, Peer2Peer etc
2. We can use IIS, windows service(as network service), a terminal, a windows form application to HOST the business logic of the remote software. It means if we do not like IIS, nothing to worry. We can host the same business logic without IIS.
3. It can send data in either XML(SOAP) or Binary form(through TCP) which is faster and reliable and secure too.
4. It has built in authentication and authorization system which means that our roles Admin, reseller and Domain user will be recognized by control server software.
5. It can be used as legacy SOAP client for backward compatibility so that it can be used by third parties apps like Java, asp.net , flash and .NET framework Web Service Clients itself.
6. Its clients (Control Server) can CHANGE the HOST anytime, so that Server A, B and C has the same business logic but on demand we can change the HOST and communicate dynamically. (That was my major concern with old SOAP code and I ran for a solution)
7. A lots easier to use than other SOAP application styles, Microsoft has done a LOT in this field already.
8. Supports Synchronous and Asynchronous calls, i.e Call and wait or Call and forget and keep working on other tasks.
I downloaded a DVD from AppDev ( http://www.appdev.com/prodfamily.asp?catalog_name=AppDevCatalog&category_name=WCCProduct&cookie_test=1 ) and studied a book by orielly ( http://www.amazon.com/Programming-WCF-Services-Juval-Lowy/dp/0596521308/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276883505&sr=1-1 ) which is the best rated book on the Amazon on the Topic of Windows communication foundation.
Reference on MSDN is
.Learn practical skills and best practices directly from Microsoft MVPs and experts.
.See and hear each concept explained step-by-step with our video format.
.Learn at your own pace, whenever and wherever it suits your schedule.
.Take complete courses, or jump to specific topics for on-the-spot reference.
.Stay on top of the latest technologies with future videos included free with our complete library.
Click for details
That wants us to discuss and let our thoughts come out on the idea. The other purpose is to clear the idea of what is needed. Currently they are in the envisioning phase. Later they will document the ideas. Then they will develop the platform.
The Platform has no code name yet. Hopefully very soon.